TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Last updated: January 1, 2020
Intellectual Property Ownership
Limited Use; Restrictions on Use
Social Media Sites and Third Party Links
United States Only
Warranties; Limitation of Liability
Digital Millennium Copyright Act
No Framing; Links; Third Party Sites
Ability to Accept Terms and Conditions
Member Accounts — In order to use certain features of the Platform, you may need to create an account (“User Account”). If the Platform requires you to create a User Account, you may never use another User’s Account without permission. All content posted by you via your User Account must comply with the Beer Institute Advertising and Marketing Code.
Intellectual Property Ownership — Unless otherwise noted, all text, content and documents on the Platform, any names, logos, trademarks, service marks, brand identities, characters, trade names, graphics, designs, copyrights, trade dress, or other intellectual property appearing in the Platform, and the organization, compilation, look and feel, illustrations, artwork, videos, music, software and other works on the Platform (the “Content”) are owned by Anheuser-Busch (or its affiliates) or used with permission or under license from a third party (hereinafter collectively referred to as the “Owner”) and are protected under copyright, trademark and other intellectual property and proprietary rights laws. As between Anheuser-Busch and you, all right, title and interest in and to the Content will at all times remain with Anheuser-Busch and/or its Owners. All brand names, product names, titles, slogans, logos, or service names and other marks used on the Platform, are registered and/or common law trade names, trademarks or service marks of Anheuser-Busch.
Limited Use; Restrictions on Use — You are permitted to use the Content and/or any services and products on the Platform for lawful purposes as provided in the Terms and Conditions only; any other use or misuse of any Content is strictly prohibited. Anheuser-Busch grants you a non-exclusive, limited, personal, non-transferable, revocable, license to access and use the Content, without right to sublicense, under the following conditions: you shall not, without Anheuser-Busch’s express written consent: (a) copy, retransmit, modify, disseminate, display, perform, reuse, re-post, broadcast, circulate, or otherwise distribute the Content, or modify or re-use all or part of the Content, (b) use any tradename, trademark, or brand name of Anheuser-Busch in metatags, keywords and/or hidden text, (c) create derivative works from the Content or commercially exploit the Content, in whole or in part, in any way, and (d) use the Platform, the Content, and/or any portion thereof, in any manner that may give a false or misleading impression, attribution or statement as to Anheuser-Busch, the Owner, or any third party referenced therein. Anheuser-Busch reserves all other rights. You shall not alter, remove or obscure any copyright notice, digital watermarks, proprietary legends or any other notice included in the Content. Except as expressly provided herein, nothing on the Platform shall be construed as conferring any license under Anheuser-Busch’s and/or its Owner’s intellectual property rights, whether by estoppel, implication or otherwise. Notwithstanding anything herein to the contrary, Anheuser-Busch may revoke any of the foregoing rights and/or your access to the Platform, or any part thereof, including the blocking of your IP Address, at any time without prior notice.
Submitted Ideas — While Anheuser-Busch appreciates your interest, we expressly request that you do not submit any ideas, suggestions, concepts, techniques, procedures, methods, systems, designs, plans, charts, or similar materials (collectively “Submitted Ideas”) except via the website available at www.ab-ideas.com. All Submitted Ideas will be subject to the policies published at www.ab-ideas.com. We ask that you never submit an idea that you consider to be confidential and/or proprietary. All Submitted Ideas disclosed or offered to us by you shall be deemed to be non-confidential and non-proprietary and shall become the exclusive property of Anheuser-Busch. Further, you understand and acknowledge that Anheuser-Busch employs both internal and external resources which may have developed or may in the future develop ideas identical or similar to your Submitted Ideas and that Anheuser-Busch is only willing to consider the suggestion on these terms. In any event, you acknowledge and agree that Anheuser-Busch assumes no obligation of confidentiality or nondisclosure, express or implied by considering your Submitted Ideas. Without limitation, Anheuser-Busch shall be entitled to unrestricted use of the Submitted Ideas (in whole or in part and including, without limitation, any derivations thereof) for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise without any form of compensation.
- Community Guidelines—In addition to links to Social Media Sites, the Platform itself may include bulletin boards, blogs, chat rooms, comments sections, and other community forums which allow you to post information, provide feedback and comments, and otherwise interact with other users, either through postings or by interacting in real-time (together with the Anheuser-Busch relevant sections of the Social Media Sites, the “Community Forums”). If the Platform includes any Community Forums, the restrictions and obligations contained in this Section shall apply.
- Anheuser-Busch shall monitor the Community Forums on a regular basis for compliance with the Beer Institute Advertising and Marketing Code and for any readily apparent violations of these Terms and Conditions or illegal content. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you acknowledge that Anheuser-Busch is under no obligation to edit or modify any information available in a Community Forum or decide any dispute or disagreement between posters and shall have no liability to you for any content posted in a Community Forum.
- You acknowledge that any opinions, statement, recommendation, offers, advice or other information presented or disseminated on the Community Forums are those of their respective authors who are solely responsible and liable for their content. Anheuser-Busch reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to refuse to post or remove any material submitted or posted on the Community Forums.
- Any Submission that promotes drinking and driving or irresponsible consumption of alcohol, disparages competitive products, is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, racially offensive, suggestive, harassing, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, inflammatory, fraudulent or otherwise objectionable;
- Any Submission that would constitute, encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party, or that would otherwise create liability or violate any local, state, national or international law, including, without limitation, material that depicts child-pornography, acts of violence, drug use or would violate the regulations of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission or any rules of a securities exchange such as the New York Stock Exchange, the American Stock Exchange or the NASDAQ;
- Any Submission that may infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual or proprietary right of any party;
- Any Submission that impersonates any person or entity or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Unsolicited promotions, political campaigning, advertising or solicitations;
- Private information of any third party, including, without limitation, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, Social Security numbers and credit card numbers;
- Viruses, spyware, trojans, corrupted data or any other harmful, disruptive or destructive files; or
- Any Submission that in our sole judgment is inappropriate or objectionable or which restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Site, or which may expose Anheuser-Busch or its affiliates or its users to any harm or liability of any type.
No Archive — Even if this Platform includes features and functionality that permit you to upload certain Submissions to our services or systems, this Platform is not and shall not function as an archive. Anheuser-Busch shall have no liability to you or any other person for loss, damage, or destruction to your Submission. You shall be solely responsible for maintaining independent archival and backup copies of any Submission.
Disclaimers — Anheuser-Busch reserves the right to change any part of the Platform at any time without notice, subject to the “NOTICE” provision set forth below.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act — Anheuser-Busch is committed to respecting and protecting the legal rights of copyright owners. As such, Anheuser-Busch adheres to the following notice and take down policy, in full compliance with Section 512(c)(3) of the DMCA (17 U.S.C. § 512 et seq.). If you believe any of the Content infringes upon your intellectual property rights, please submit a notification alleging such infringement (hereafter a “DMCA Takedown Notice”). To be valid, a DMCA Takedown Notice must (i) be provided to Anheuser-Busch’s designated agent, (“Copyright Agent”), as set forth below, and (ii) include the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works;
- Identification of the material claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that, under penalty of perjury, the information in the notification is accurate and you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Anheuser-Busch’s Copyright Agent to receive DMCA Takedown Notices is: email: email@example.com. For clarity, only DMCA Takedown Notices should go to the Copyright Agent; any other feedback, comments, online purchases or other communications should be directed to the applicable customer service links posted on the Platform. You acknowledge that in order for Anheuser-Busch to be authorized to takedown any Content, your DMCA Takedown Notice must comply with all of the requirements of this Section.
No Framing; Links; Third Party Sites — Framing, in-line linking or other methods of association with the Platform are expressly prohibited without prior written approval from Anheuser-Busch.
Ability to Accept Terms and Conditions — You affirm that you are more than 21 years of age and are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in the Terms and Conditions, and to abide by and comply with the Terms and Conditions.
Assignment — The Terms and Conditions, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by Anheuser-Busch without restriction.
Notice — From time to time, we may revise these Terms and Conditions. To help you stay current of any changes, Anheuser-Busch may take one or more of the following steps: (1) Anheuser-Busch notes the date the Terms and Conditions was last updated above, and (2) when Anheuser-Busch makes a material change to the Terms and Conditions, we may post conspicuous announcements of such changes on the Platform next to the link to these Terms and Conditions. Your use of the Platform following the posting of any revised Terms and Conditions shall be deemed acceptance of the revised Terms and Conditions. Anheuser-Busch strongly recommends checking the Terms and Conditions periodically. If we are required by law to obtain your express consent for any changes to the Terms and Conditions, then we will make a commercially reasonable attempt to obtain your consent before implementing such revisions.
In resolving a claim for arbitration, the arbitrator shall apply Missouri law consistent with the Federal Arbitration Act and applicable statutes of limitations, and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law. In the event that you are able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, we will pay as much of your filing and hearing fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive. If any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal (other than that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis), or otherwise conflicts with the rules and procedures established by JAMS, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, the portion that is deemed invalid, unenforceable or illegal is that claims will not be arbitrated on a class, representative, or collective basis, or as a private attorney general on behalf of other persons similarly situated, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void, and neither you nor we shall be entitled to arbitrate the dispute. Upon filing a demand for arbitration, all parties to such arbitration shall have the right of discovery, which discovery shall be completed within sixty days after the demand for arbitration is made, unless further extended by mutual agreement of the parties. Disputes regarding the arbitrability of any claim shall be resolved by the arbitrator.
THE ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH SHALL BE IN YOUR INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS ACTION OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. YOU MAY NOT BRING ANY CLAIM AS A PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL ON BEHALF OF OTHER SIMILARLY SITUATED PERSONS. THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN THE CLAIMS OF OTHER PERSONS OR PARTIES WHO MAY BE SIMILARLY SITUATED.
BY AGREEING TO THE ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES AS SET FORTH HEREIN, YOU AGREE THAT YOU ARE WAIVING YOUR RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL AND LIMITING YOUR RIGHT TO APPEAL. DO NOT USE THIS SITE IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE FOREGOING BINDING ARBITRATION PROVISIONS.
Miscellaneous — Anheuser-Busch’s failure to enforce any provision of the Terms and Conditions shall not be deemed a waiver of such provision nor of the right to enforce such provision. A printed version of the Terms and Conditions and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to the Terms and Conditions to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form.
Thank you for visiting our site.
©2019, Anheuser-Busch, LLC.
Last updated: January 1, 2020
What Information We Collect
How We Collect Information
How We Use Information
How We Share Your Information
United States Only
California Privacy Rights and Supplemental California Privacy Notice
Intended for Users 21+
The Platform is not directed to, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from, persons under the age of 21. If you are under 21 years of age and have entered this Platform by providing a false date of birth, you must immediately leave this Platform. Under no circumstances may you use this Platform or submit personal information to us if you are under 21 years of age. We are committed to compliance with all applicable regulations, laws, and rules, including those issued by the Beer Institute, ICAP, and COPPA.
What Information We Collect
- We collect contact information. For example, if you sign up for a mailing list, create an account, or enter a promotion, you may be asked to provide your name, address, email, online identifier, username, cell phone number, and/or date of birth.
- We collect information you submit or post. We collect information that you post in a public space on the Platform, submit requests or inquiries to us (e.g., to participate in our loyalty or rewards programs, a service request or product request), or information related to your social media activity (e.g., posts, photos, followers, social media handle). We also collect information when you contact us or when you apply for a job.
- We collect demographic information. We may collect information like your gender and age. We may also collect your zip code.
- We collect usage information. We may collect information about the browser you are using. We might look at what site you came from or what site you visit when you leave the Platform. If you are using a mobile app, we may collect location information, including your precise location, if you have enabled location services in your device settings. We may also collect device information, including IP address and device identifiers.
- We collect certain information on interests and preferences. We may collect information on your interests (e.g., music or sports), preferences, and purchases.
How We Collect Information
We collect information from different sources and across devices. For example:
- We collect information directly from you. If you choose not to provide the information that we ask for, it is possible that you may not be able to participate in an activity or experience the full functions of the Platform.
- We collect information from you passively. For instance, we use certain standard web measurement and tracking technologies such as “cookies,” web server logs, web beacons (also known as “action tags” or “one pixel .gif files”), clear GIFs or other statistics programs. We do this on our Platform (including mobile apps) and in emails that we send to you. We collect information about users over time when you use this Platform (including mobile apps). We have third parties collect information this way, as well. To learn more about these tools and how you can control them, click here. [Insert hyperlink to the “Third Party Advertising” section below] Your browser may have an option that allows you to accept cookies, reject cookies, or receive notification when a cookie is sent, but you should note that the use of such restrictive browser settings may limit your use of the Platform.
- We get information about you from third parties. For example, our business partners may give us information about you. Social media platforms may also give us information about you.
- We and our business partners may combine information. For example, we and our business partners combine information that we have collected offline with information we collect online. We and our business partners may combine information collected across different devices over time.
How We Use Information
We use your information for the following purposes:
- to establish that you are of legal age to use our products and services;
- to improve our products and services and to customize your experience with us;
- to provide the products and services you request, including our loyalty and rewards programs;
- to communicate with you about our relationship and respond to inquiries we receive from you or in connection with a transaction you initiate;
- to analyze, manage and improve the Platform and our products and services, including by analyzing preferences, interests, and purchases;
- to use it within Anheuser-Busch as we continue to work on being the world’s best beer company;
- to notify you of special offers and other services that we believe may be of interest to you or to send you current mailings. To learn about your choices with regard to these communications, read the Choices section [Insert hyperlink to “You Have Certain Choices About How We Use Your Information” section below] below;
- to provide you with advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you;
- to notify you that you have been selected as a winner of a contest or sweepstakes;
- to help us protect the Platform and our customers;
- to help us diagnose problems with our server or other technical issues relating to the performance of the Platform; or
- for any other purpose as otherwise permitted by law or as stated at the time you provide your information.
- Note about third-party uses: If you voluntarily disclose personal information (e.g., name, email address, personal photographs) in a community forum, such information may be collected and used by others and may result in unsolicited messages from other parties. We have no control over this type use of your personal information and are not responsible for that use.
How We Share Your Information
We may share the information we collect from and about you with third parties:
- We share information with third parties who provide services on our behalf, such as vendors who send emails or serve advertisements for us, or who operate the Platform or run promotions on our behalf;
- We share information to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property, customers or other users of the Platform, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities;
- We share information to enforce the Terms and Conditions, take precautions against liability, investigate and defend against any third-party claims or allegations, and/or protect the security or integrity of the Platform;
- We share information to respond to judicial process and provide information to law enforcement agencies in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law, or otherwise as required by law, or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws;.
- We share information within the Anheuser-Busch family of brands, which are listed here;
- We share information with our business partners, such as companies that co-sponsor a promotion;
- We may share information with any successor to all or part of our business or any entity that we acquire (for instance if part of our business is sold, we may give our customer list as part of that transaction);
- We may share your information with creditors, if required, in the event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, or reorganization; and
- We may share information for other reasons we disclose to you.
You Have Certain Choices About How We Use Your Information
You Can Control Tracking Tools and Third Party Advertising
We may use third-party companies and/or media partners to serve ads on our Platform and/or on the sites on which we advertise. We and these third party companies display interest-based advertising using information gathered about you over time across multiple or other platforms. In the course of serving advertisements, these companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser. In addition, we may use web beacons provided by third-party advertising companies to help manage our online advertising. These web beacons enable us to recognize a browser’s cookie when a browser visits this Platform to learn which advertisements bring users to our Platform.
To learn more about these third-party companies, cookies and how to “opt-out” of this type of advertising, please go to http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.[insert hyperlink]
This Platform complies with the self-regulatory principles of the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising, therefore some pages may contain icons that help users understand how information is being collected, and how to opt out of having their online behavior recorded and used for targeted advertising resulting therefrom.
To opt out of having your online behavior collected for behavioral advertising purposes, click here. These choices will apply to data collected from other browsers or devices for use on this device for interest-based advertising and other applicable uses. Certain choices you make may be browser-specific and/or device-specific.
Opting-Out of Receiving our Emails
To stop receiving our promotion emails, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or click on the link provided at the bottom of each email communication. Even if you opt out of receiving promotional messages, we will still send you messages about your questions and purchases.
You can control tools on your mobile devices
For example, you can turn off push notifications from within a mobile app.
We take reasonable precautions and have implemented reasonable technical measures to protect against the risks of unauthorized access to, erroneous disclosure of, and unlawful interception of personal information submitted via the Platform or otherwise collected or possessed by Anheuser-Busch. However, the Internet is never 100% secure and we do not guarantee the security of any information transmitted over the Internet. Even after we receive your personal information, we cannot guarantee that your Personal Information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed as a result of a breach of our reasonable efforts or as a result of any other event beyond our reasonable control. Accordingly, we cannot and do not guarantee that your Personal Information is completely secure and safe from such risks. For the avoidance of doubt, we expressly disclaim any representation or warranty, whether express or implied, with respect to ensuring, guaranteeing or otherwise offering any definitive promise of security in connection with your information.
United States Only
California Privacy Rights and Supplemental California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA“) requires us to provide additional privacy-related information to residents of California.
The section entitled “What Information We Collect” above [insert link] lists the categories of personal information we have collected about California residents in the preceding 12 months. These categories of personal information correspond with the following categories of personal information provided under the CCPA:
- Identifiers including name, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, username, IP address, email address and account name;
- Information that identifies or is capable of being associated with you, including payment information, social media information, and, if you submit a resume when applying to work for us, information about your employment and employment history;
- Information about products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, and other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information;
- If you submit a resume when applying to work for us with information about your education, such education information;
- Inferences drawn from any of the information identified above reflecting your preferences and characteristics.
The section entitled “How We Collect Information” above [insert link] lists the sources from which we collect personal information.
The section entitled “How We Use Information” above [insert link] lists the business and commercial purposes for which we collect California residents’ personal information. As described above in the section entitled “How We Share Your Information” [insert link], we also share and/or disclose your personal information as follows:
- Sharing your personal information for business purposes: we may share the following categories of your personal information with service providers, third parties, business partners, public or government (including enforcement) authorities, creditors, and successors for our business purposes: identifiers, information capable of being associated with you, information about products and services, internet or other electronic activity information (as described above), information related to job applicants (if submitted), and inferences drawn from information about you. As described above, examples of business purposes include performing transactions, registering accounts, managing our relationship with you, and monitoring for security threats and fraud.
- Sharing your personal information for commercial or other purposes: we may share the following categories of your personal information with third parties, business partners, and affiliates in a manner that constitutes a “sale” under California law: identifiers, information capable of being associated with you, information about products and services, internet or other electronic activity information (as described above), information related to job applicants (if submitted), and inferences drawn from information about you. This information may be shared for the following purposes: personalization, analytics, marketing, retargeting, and sales.
California Residents’ Privacy Rights
Subject to certain exceptions and qualifications, as a California resident, you have the right to: (i) request access to your personal information; (ii) request deletion of your personal information; (iii) request information about the personal information about you that we have “sold” (as such term is defined under California law) to third parties within the past 12 months; and (iv) opt-out of the “sale” of your personal information, as detailed above.
- Do Not Sell My Information. To opt-out of the “sale” of your personal information as described in this section, click here [insert link].
- Exercising other California consumer rights. Should you wish to request the exercise of your other rights as detailed above with regard to your personal information, to the extent required by applicable law, we shall respond to your request to exercise your rights above upon your request submitted in to one of the options provided below in the “Contact Us” section [insert link]. We may need to take steps, including to request additional information from you, to verify your identity. Please indicate in your request that you are a California resident making a “California privacy rights” inquiry.
From time to time, we may offer certain mobile applications, including iOS applications (“Apps“), for download. We will use commercially reasonable efforts, given the limitations imposed upon us by third party providers such as Apple Inc. and Google Inc., to clearly disclose what, if any information is collected by the particular App, how it is used, and with whom it is shared. Please note, certain practices are outside of our control, for example, tracking by Google, Inc., Apple, Inc., or your third party telecommunications carrier. WE are not responsible for the actions of such third parties. You should always read and understand the policies of any third party provider, such as Google with respect to Android apps and Apple with respect to IOS apps, and your wireless carrier, before making any purchase or downloading any app.
Thank you for visiting our site.
©2019, Anheuser-Busch, LLC.